YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 16 May 2016

FINAL REFLECTION

We did it! 2nd Batxillerat will soon be a part of our past. Even though we're exhausted (and still haven't finished at this exact moment), we can all be proud of ourselves for accomplishing such a great task.

 Back to social life like



When it comes to English, though, we should make a comparison between the level we started with and the level we have now. First of all, let's compare my first post back in 4th ESO, which was the beginning of the "blogs era" in our student life, and my last post in this blog (the blog for batxillerat).
To start, I've noticed that I am able to use a lot more connectors than I could before. You can see: the first, the second, the third... Also, I did really short introductions (or none at all). Though it's not the same kind of post (your say vs. formal letter), you can see the difference in the vocabulary and the gramatical constructions. I realized, too, that I've learned how to organize my ideas better and I'm more able to change them or express them from another perspective.


Trying to figure out how to use connectors
back in 4th ESO.


Let's continue with oral presentations (oh... this is going to be good). This is the very first oral presentation that ended up in a blog in 1st Batxillerat, and this is the last one, in 2nd Batxillerat. When I watch these I realize that there is indeed an improvement in pronunciation. More over, in the last one it seems as if I'm more used to oral presentations (body language and such, even though I still get nervous). On the whole, I prefer the last one.

What about the blog awards? Yes, best post and best oral presentation. For my best post, I'd say Fright Night! because, when I read it, I can imagine myself having a hard time watching a horror movie. I like that this post is quite expressive when it comes to myself, even though I'm basically telling the world how much of a chicken I am.




Moving on, for best oral presentation, I choose the Research Project Oral Presentation. Why? Well, even though my nerves were terrible, I think what makes it special is the fact that I was talking about a topic that I was really into, so I was able to explain myself more openly and not just reading from a paper. The fact that you know how to get the message across the sleepiness and the boredoom during oral presentations is the key for success. The vocabulary was more specific as well, so it was important to use the right words so everyone could understand, thus being more difficult.

Inside a student's mind during an
oral presentation.


As for the future, what is ahead of us? In my case, I'll be taking the First Certificate exam on 11th June and I hope to pass. But that won't be the end, because I intend to get the Advanced Certificate as well, in time, of course. Since last year, most of the movies and TV series that I've watched at home were in English, and also the books I bought but had no time to read. Now I'll continue to use my English and to learn more, using those tools that allow you to increase your knowleadge without you even noticing it. Also, I hope that I could stay abroad for some time, a few months, a year or so (perhaps going back to London? Please???).

If you want to continue learning English


On the whole, I'm happy of all the things that I've learned during high school, and I am really motivated to keep learning English. Hopefully, that will be the case.

And now there's only one task ahead, and that is to have a nice summer holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment